The Town of Worth was created from part of the Town of Lorraine in 1847. Named after William Worth.

(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)

Worth, the territory of which was used as compensation or “boot” lands, was formed from Lorraine in 1847. In Worth the first settlers were Asaph Case and Leonard Bullock, who came in 1802, forty-six years before the town was set off from Lorraine.



  • worth_town.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)