The William Phelps Mansion was a limestone house built in the 1820's in the Village of LeRaysville. William Phelps was an early settler in Jefferson County, and purchased the mansion's site from James D. LeRay.

Soon after its construction, the mansion changed hands numerous times, before being acquired by the Federal Government in 1941 for the expansion of the Pine Plains (today Fort Drum) military base.



  • william_phelps_mansion.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)