reunion.jpg

The Watertown Re-Union was a weekly newspaper published in Watertown. The paper got its name from the pro-reunification stance it held after the U. S. Civil War. This political slant was noted in the paper's slogan, “Devoted to the Interests of the Union, and the Democracy, the support of the Constitution and the Laws”.

The newspaper was begun in July, 1866 by A. H. Hall, who edited and published the paper in offices located in the Paddock Arcade. Hall later moved to offices in a small building on Arcade Street . The paper ceased publication in June of 1918.

  • watertown_re-union.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)