Universalist Church

Universalist_Church-Public_Square.png
Public Square
allsoulspcard.jpg
Washington Street
allsoulsgoth.jpg
Gotham Street



The First Universalist Society was organized in Watertown in 1820. Their first church was built on Public Square in 1824. This stone structure burned in 1850, and was replaced by a brick structure soon after. Designed by Otis Wheelock, the 1850 structure was home to Watertown's Universalist congregation until 1907, when the church was demolished to make way for the LeRay Hotel. The congregation then moved to a new church on Washington Street and became known as All Souls Universalist Church. The Washington Street structure was destroyed by fire in 1984. The congregation today meets in a modern facility on outer Gotham Street.





  • universalist_church.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)