jstreeter3344.jpg
John Streeter

The Streeter Block was located at the corner of Public Square and Mill Street in Watertown. Built in the 1843 by John Streeter, the building was host to a multitude of businesses.

The building was purchased by former Watertown mayor J. B. Wise in 1913 and was renamed the J. B. Wise Block. Wise extensively remodeled the interior and exterior of the building. Wise also opened The Victoria movie theater in the block that same year. The building was demolished in 1958.

Click thumbnails to enlarge.

| Streeter Block 1910 | | Streeter Block 1910 | | J.B. Wise Block 1915 | | J.B. Wise Block 1915 | | Demolition 1958 | | Demolition 1958 |








===== See Also ===== ===== ===== Historic Structures in Watertown

  • streeter_block.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)