/ |stonepresbchurch.jpg | | Stone Street Church | |StonePres.jpg | | Chestnut Street Church | Stone Street Presbyterian Church was organized in 1831 and was known as the Second Presbyterian Church, and was an offshoot of the First Presbyterian Church. Their first church, made of wood, stood on Stone Street in Watertown until 1864, when a brick structure was built in its place. The church stood until 1982, when it was destroyed by fire.

Rather than rebuild on their Stone Street lot, the congregation built a modern facility on Chestnut Street and renamed the church Stone Presbyterian Church. |stonest_presb_fire.jpg | | Fire, 1982 |



===== See Also ===== Watertown Churches
Historic Structures in Watertown
Stone Presbyterian Website

  • stone_street_presbyterian.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)