sterlingmansio.JPGThe Sterling Mansion was built of limestone in 1826 by Micah Sterling, a Watertown lawyer and United States congressman. The road leading up to the mansion now comprises Sterling Street in Watertown.

sterlingmansion1880.jpg
1880

The area at the end of Sterling Street is known as Sterling Place. Holy Family Church bought the mansion in the 1920's to be used as a school house. The mansion now sits on the campus of Immaculate Heart Primary (formerly Holy Family) Parochial School, where it is home to the school's pre-k and kindergarten classrooms.





  • sterling_mansion.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)