St. Paul's Church

St_Pauls_current.jpg The Grace Episcopal Church Society was formed in 1867 from members of Trinity Episcopal Church. In 1868, the society purchased a brick schoolhouse on the corner of Sterling and Jay (Gotham) streets as their house of worship. This structure was torn down in 1890 and replaced with the current stone church, which was renamed St. Paul's. external image uc?export=download&id=1XmaaBI_aEXxsh0pj8_4P-_-sFQ711CU6In 1996, St. Paul's was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

It was announced in August, 2009, that, due to low membership, St. Paul's would be closing its doors, and its congregation merging with Trinity Episcopal Church. The building will continue to be used by another church.

In August, 2012, St. Paul's was sold to Tabernacle of Worship Covenant of Life church.




  • st_paul_s.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)