1890
1890

The Paddock Building sits on Public Square in Watertown. The structure was built in 1850 by Loveland Paddock and designed by architect Otis Wheelock. It replaced Paddock Block, which was destroyed in the Fire of 1849. Built behind the building was the Paddock Arcade, whose entrance stood at the south end of the building (left photo).

arcadetoday.JPG
Today



In 1916, F. W. Woolworth took ownership of the north end of the building, which the Woolworth Corporation demolished in 1919 to make way for the Woolworth Building. Only the section fronting the arcade remains standing today (right photo).




  • paddock_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)