Long-time city Ford dealer. Began in the 100 block of what was Benedict Street, now the first block of Sherman Street. It was located about where the entrance/exit to the public county parking lot is, next to the old fire station.

Later, Northrop moved across the street to 218-222 Arsenal Street, about where the Stream parking lot entrance/exit is (the next building north of that was the Grand Union–now the Children's Clinic, then was Sears at 250 Arsenal, then the Arsenal Street School. There was a service station south of them, then Jackman Street, then The Armory).

In about 1960, Northrop started the westward migration of car dealers by moving to a new building at 1068 Arsenal Street, just a bit north of where Dealmaker Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep now sits.

  • northrop_motors.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)