external image mohican.jpg

moh_ican.JPG
Demolition 1964

The Smith Building was built in the 1892 on the corner of State Street and Public Square in Watertown.

In 1908, a large section of the first floor became occupied by the Mohican Grocery Store, which was part of a well known grocery syndicate. The block soon after became known as the Mohican Building. The structure also famously housed a business school, as well as the Bijou Theater.

The building was razed in the 1964 to make room for a parking lot.











Historic Structures in Watertown
Public Square

  • mohican_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)