Marble Block

marble_block.jpgThe Marble Block was built in 1873 on Washington Street in Watertown. The building got its name from its facade, which was made entirely of marble. The structure was built as a new home for the Agricultural Insurance Company which had previously been housed in Washington Hall. (1) In 1895, the block became the first home of Watertown Savings Bank. The building later became home to several restaurants, notably Jaspers Restaurant and Lounge. The building was torn down in 2000 to make way for the YMCA expansion project.












  • marble_block.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)