Lincoln Building

0226square.jpg
Lincoln Building

The Lincoln Building stands on Public Square in Watertown. An earlier, three story building (built in 1871) known as the Doolittle and Hall Block, was extensively remodeled in 1908, when two stories and a white brick facade were added, becoming the building that stands today (right photo).

The remodel work was originally done by Albert O. and Edwin C. Charlebois and was originally called The Charlebois Bros Block. In 1919 it was renamed The Lincoln Building in honor of the

The Doolittle and Hall Block
The Doolittle and Hall Block

Lincoln League, a fraternal organization located there.

The Lincoln building is still home to many local businesses.














Historic Structures in Watertown
Public Square

  • lincoln_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)