levianthonybuilding.jpgThe Levi Anthony Building was a commercial Italianate style building located in Cape Vincent. The structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

The brick structure was built in 1884 by merchant and Cape Vincent village president Levi Anthony. The first floor housed numerous stores throughout its history, as well apartments on its upper floors. It was also at one time home to a branch of the U. S. Customs Office.

The building had been vacant in recent years. In February 2009, the back side of the crumbling structure collapsed. The facade was immediately demolished to avoid safety hazards to people and neighboring buildings.

  • levi_anthony_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:17
  • (external edit)