The Town of Henderson was formed from part of the Town of Ellisburg in 1806

(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)

Henderson, No. 6 of the Black River tract of Ellisburg, was set off in 1800. Henderson began to settle in 1801, Thomas Clark, Samuel Stewart, Philip Crumett, John Stafford and Peter Cramer being the pioneers.





  • henderson_town.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)