Fairbanks Building

external image FairbanksBuildingCourtandArsenalSts.jpg

flatiron2.JPG
Demolition, 1966

The Fairbanks Building was a three sided structure that stood at the triangular corner of Arsenal and Court Street. Built in the 1856, the building later became known as Watertown's Flat Iron Building, based on its similar appearance to the New York City building of the same name. The structure was razed in the 1960's as part of the city's Urban Renewal program.







  • fairbanks_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)