external image DSCF0843-1.jpgFactory Street begins at the intersection of Mill Street and Public Square traversing east and ending at the juncture of Pearl and Huntington Streets.

Factory Street derives its name from Factory Village, an early hamlet in Jefferson County located east of the Village of Watertown. The Village of Watertown annexed Factory Village in 1831. The area occupied by Factory Village roughly corresponds to the north side of Factory Street between Mechanic and High Streets to Pearl Street. This area of Factory Street has since that time been known as Factory Square.

Some factory buildings dating from the 1830's still stand today, all of which are home to Knowlton Technologies. Aside from Knowlton's, Factory Street today is made up of numerous other businesses.







  • factory_street.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)