Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

The E.K. Burnham House is an Italianate style, brick structure located at the north end of Broadway in Cape Vincent. The building is noteworthy as being a prime example of Italianate architecture in Cape Vincent, and has retained much of its interior and exterior architectural integrity. A garage, two boathouses and a carriage step with two granite hitching posts, add to the historic character of the structure.

The house was built by banker Erastus K. Burnham along the shore of the St. Lawrence River in 1870. Burnham sold the property to the Easter family in 1907, who in turn sold the property to Charles Schaffer, an executive with the Bethlehem Steel Corporation, in 1920. The house is still used as a residence today.

The E.K. Burnham house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

  • e_k_burnham_house.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)