In 1654 Father Simon le Moine, a Jesuit Missionary, visited the Onondaga Indians somewhere near what is now the Cape Vincent area. The next year two more French Missionary priests of the same order, Father Chaumonoit and Father Dablon, visited the Onondaga Indians on their way to the Iroquois Country. They traveled the same route from Quebec as le Moine, and camped at a location now known as Dablon Point on the south shore of Wilson's Bay.

{from Marc's History of Jefferson County}

  • dablon_point.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)