Current Bridge
Current Bridge
Wood Covered bridge
Wood Covered bridge

The first span over the Black River in Watertown linked Watertown's north side to the village of Juhelville, across the river. This span would become known as the Court Street Bridge.

Four bridges have been built on this site. The first bridge was a wooden, covered bridge, built by Henry Coffeen, which stood until 1880, when a new iron bridge was erected in its place. Ruins of the stone foundations of the wooden, and iron bridges can still be seen next to the current bridge. In 1920, a two tiered, steel and concrete structure was built. The top level linked Court, Coffeen and Massey Streets, while the lower tier was accessible from Newell Street. This structure was demolished in 1987, and the current bridge was erected in its place.

Two tiered concrete bridge
Two tiered concrete bridge
Ruins of 19th cent. foundations
Ruins of 19th cent. foundations














  • court_street_bridge.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)