Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

The Claude Vautrin House is a limestone farmhouse located on the outskirts of Cape Vincent, on Mason Road.

The house and outlying farm buildings were built in 1855 by Claude Vautrin, whose father, Alfred, e settled in Jefferson County in the 1830's. Vautrin sold his estate to Joseph Mason in 1913. The estate remains in the Mason family today, and is still a working dairy farm.

The Vautrin House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.




  • claude_vautrin_house.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)