frdhsepic.jpg
Click to Enlarge

The Charles Ford House in LaFargeville is a farmstead house that has been owned by the Ford Family since Jefferson County's earliest days.

John Ford of Massachusetts, considered one of the land squatters in an area of the Town of Orleans known as Penet's Square, built the rear portion of the present house in 1820. In 1900, Ford's grandson, Charles, built a Queen Anne style timber dwelling to the front of John Ford's original house.

The Charles Ford House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.


  • charles_ford_house.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)