The Town of Cape Vincent was formed in 1849 from part of the Town of Lyme.

(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)

Within the jurisdiction of Cape Vincent is included Grenadier, Fox and Carlton Islands, the last mentioned of which has been noted in this chapter. Settlement on the mainland was begun in 1801 by Captain Abijah Putnam, at a point two miles below Cape Vincent village.

Cape Vincent (village)






  • cape_vincent_town.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)