The Town of Antwerp was formed from part of the Town of LeRay in 1810.

(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)

Antwerp was formed from LeRay in 1810. The first settler was William Lee, who came in 1805, under the direction of Lewis R. Morris, then the proprietor. Mills were erected at Antwerp village in 1807, for Morris, by John Jennison.

Antwerp (village)
Oxbow (hamlet)







  • antwerp_town.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)