adamshistdistpics.jpg
Main Street, Adams

The Adams Commercial Historic District is a nationally designated historic district located in the Village of Adams. The district comprises Main Street in Adams, which was near the site of the village's first settlements in 1800-1801.

Postcard view 1907.
Postcard view 1907.

The district consists of 22 contributing buildings, all located on Main Street, between the Main Street Bridge to the southern end of Church Street. The vast majority of the buildings in the district were built after fires in 1860 and 1865 destroyed much of downtown Adams. Some notable structures in the district incluce the Main Street Bridge (1860), The Cleveland Block (1865), the Hungerford National Bank (1867), the Adams Hotel (1890), the Jefferson County Journal Building (1916) and the Bundy Block (1921).

The architecture on Main Street was deemed significant for historic status and the Adams Commercial Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.

  • adams_commercial_historic_district.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)