The Orleans House

Probably built in 1824 or so. John Lafarge bought up large chunks of land in 1823 in the area in anticipation of selling it to settlers. In addition to building The Lafarge Mansion and another residence he needed a land office. It was built on almost the same spot as the first house in Lafargeville was built, which had been Dr. Angus' log home.

[more info and picture needed]

Also see:
John Lafarge
The Lafarge Mansion

This page was created by lectrichead & has been edited 2 times. The last modification was made by - lectrichead lectrichead on Jul 1, 2008 5:16 am