The Streeter Block was located at the corner of Public Square
and Mill Street
. Built in the 1843 by John Streeter, the building was host to a multitude of businesses.
The building was purchased by former Watertown
mayor J. B. Wise in 1913 and was renamed the J. B. Wise Block. Wise extensively remodeled the interior and exterior of the building. Wise also opened The Victoria
movie theater in the block that same year. The building was demolished in 1958.
Click thumbnails to enlarge
|Streeter Block 1910|
|J.B. Wise Block 1915|
Historic Structures in Watertown
This page was created by AJRII & has been edited 9 times. The last modification was made by - on Apr 11, 2009 5:30 am.