The Smith Building was built in the 1892
on the corner of State Street
and Public Square
In 1908, a large section of the first floor became occupied by the Mohican Grocery Store, which was part of a well known grocery syndicate. The block soon after became known as the Mohican Building. The structure also famously housed a business school
, as well as the Bijou Theater
The building was razed in the 1964
to make room for a parking lot.
Historic Structures in Watertown