Mill Street Bridge
The Mill Street Bridge spans the Black River in Watertown in two sections. The smaller section crosses on Mill Street near Public Square to the south side of Beebee Island. The second, larger section spans the river's Great Falls, from the north side of Beebee Island towards upper Mill Street .
Five different bridges have occupied this section of the Black River since Watertown's earliest days. The first was a timber bridge built by Johnathan Cowan in 1803. This bridge was replaced in 1838 by a suspension bridge, which stood until the 1890's, when it was replaced by an iron structure. The iron bridge was then replaced in the 1920's by a steel and concrete structure, which stood until the late 1980's, when it was replaced by the bridge that stands today.
Bridges in Jefferson Count