The Lincoln Building stands on Public Square
. An earlier, three story building (built in 1871) known as the Doolittle and Hall Block
, was extensively remodeled in 1908, when two stories and a white brick facade were added, becoming the building that stands today (right photo).
The remodel work was originally done by Albert O. and Edwin C. Charlebois
and was originally called The Charlebois Bros Block. In 1919 it was renamed The Lincoln Building in honor of the
|The Doolittle and Hall Block|
Lincoln League, a fraternal organization located there.
The Lincoln building is still home to many local businesses.
Historic Structures in Watertown