Town of LeRay
The Town of LeRay was formed in 1806.
(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)
Settlement in LeRay was begun in 1802 by a company under Benjamin Brown, under the LeRay proprietary. Among the pioneers were Dyer Rhodes, Gershom and John Matoon, Joseph Child and sons, Thomas Ward, William Cooper and Benjamin Kirkbride. In 1807 LeRay contained 153 legal voters.
Cities, Villages and Hamlets
This page was created by AJRII
& has been edited 3 times. The last modification was made by -
on Nov 22, 2008 2:00 pm.