Town of Henderson
The Town of Henderson was formed from part of the Town of Ellisburg
(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York
; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)
, No. 6 of the Black River
tract of Ellisburg
, was set off in 1800. Henderson
began to settle in 1801, Thomas Clark, Samuel Stewart, Philip Crumett, John Stafford and Peter Cramer being the pioneers.
This page was created by AJRII
& has been edited 2 times. The last modification was made by -
on Nov 22, 2008 2:43 pm.