The Franklin Building was built on Public Square
in 1906. Originally built as a shopping arcade, the building became best known as the home to the Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA). The building has sat vacant in recent years, but will soon undergo renovations to become a combination of businesses and apartments.
Renovation work on the building began in January 2009 and is scheduled to be completed in autumn 2010.
Historic Structures in Watertown
|After renovation work, 2011|