Factory Street begins at the intersection of Mill Street
and Public Square
traversing east and ending at the juncture of Pearl and Huntington Streets.
Factory Street derives its name from Factory Village, an early hamlet in Jefferson County
located east of the Village of Watertown
. The Village of Watertown
annexed Factory Village in 1831. The area occupied by Factory Village roughly corresponds to the north side of Factory Street between Mechanic and High Streets to Pearl Street. This area of Factory Street has since that time been known as Factory Square.
Some factory buildings dating from the 1830's still stand today, all of which are home to Knowlton Technologies. Aside from Knowlton's, Factory Street today is made up of numerous other businesses.
This page was created by AJRII & has been edited 6 times. The last modification was made by - on Jul 3, 2009 7:07 pm.