Town of Antwerp
The Town of Antwerp was formed from part of the Town of LeRay
(The following excerpt taken from Our County And Its People: A Descriptive Work on Jefferson County, New York
; Edited by Edgar C. Emerson, The Boston History Company,1898.)
Antwerp was formed from LeRay
in 1810. The first settler was William Lee, who came in 1805, under the direction of Lewis R. Morris, then the proprietor. Mills were erected at Antwerp
village in 1807, for Morris, by John Jennison.
Cities, Villages and Hamlets
This page was created by AJRII
& has been edited 3 times. The last modification was made by -
on Nov 22, 2008 2:03 pm.