Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
duvillard_mill [2018/12/10 15:04]
lectrichead
duvillard_mill [2018/12/10 15:13] (current)
lectrichead
Line 1: Line 1:
 ===== Duvillard Mill ===== ===== Duvillard Mill =====
 \\  \\ 
 +{{ :​duvilard_mill.jpg?​600 |}}
  
 The Duvillard Mill is a four and one-half story limestone, industrial building that sits on the [[st_Lawrence_River|St. Lawrence River]] in [[Cape_Vincent|Cape Vincent]]. The building is noteworthy as the only surviving 19th century industrial structure in [[Cape_Vincent|Cape Vincent]]. Much of the original architectural integrity of the building remains intact.\\ \\  The building was erected in 1856 by Antoine Duvillard and was originally used as a grist mill. Duvillard later sold the building to George Bartlett, who ran a shingle and planing mill. The next owner, George Grant, sold the building to the U.S. Government in 1895, who used the building and the surrounding concrete dock as a fishing station. It remained a fishing station until 1965, when the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation took ownership of the structure for use as a research station and aquarium.\\ \\  The mill was placed on the [[National_Register_of_Historic_Places|National Register of Historic Places]] in 1985.\\ \\  The Duvillard Mill is a four and one-half story limestone, industrial building that sits on the [[st_Lawrence_River|St. Lawrence River]] in [[Cape_Vincent|Cape Vincent]]. The building is noteworthy as the only surviving 19th century industrial structure in [[Cape_Vincent|Cape Vincent]]. Much of the original architectural integrity of the building remains intact.\\ \\  The building was erected in 1856 by Antoine Duvillard and was originally used as a grist mill. Duvillard later sold the building to George Bartlett, who ran a shingle and planing mill. The next owner, George Grant, sold the building to the U.S. Government in 1895, who used the building and the surrounding concrete dock as a fishing station. It remained a fishing station until 1965, when the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation took ownership of the structure for use as a research station and aquarium.\\ \\  The mill was placed on the [[National_Register_of_Historic_Places|National Register of Historic Places]] in 1985.\\ \\ 
  • duvillard_mill.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/10 15:13
  • by lectrichead