Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

cleveland_building [2018/12/06 17:16] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== Cleveland Building ======
  
 +|{{:​cleavbldg.jpg|cleavbldg.jpg}} |
 +| 1900 |
 +The Cleveland Building was built on [[Arsenal_Street|Arsenal Street]]
 +
 +|{{:​cleveland.jpg|cleveland.jpg}} |
 +| Today |
 +in [[Watertown|Watertown]] in 1890 by Milo L. Cleveland and his company. Cleveland also built stone arch bridges at Antwerp, Madrid, Limerick and Louisville, a large paper and pulp mill in [[Glen_Park|Glen Park]] for C.R. Remington and Sons Paper Company as well as the [[City_Opera_House|Opera House]] in [[Watertown|Watertown]] and the Watertown waterworks on Huntington Street near Eastern Boulevard. .\\ \\  Originally built as the [[Watertown_Post_Office|Watertown Post Office]], the structure was dismantled to make way for a new post office building in 1908. A third story was added when the building was reassembled,​ block-by-block,​ on the southwest corner of [[Stone_Street|Stone]] and Arcade Streets, where it stands today. The Watertown Elk Lodge 496 The building was purchased for $65,000 in 1921 by the membership of Watertown Elk Lodge 496, who used the building as their lodge until moving in 1988 to a location on Bradley Street. The Elks sold the building to Jreck Subs, who used it as their corporate headquarters for a number of years. The City of Watertown took the property for back taxes in 2003. Today the building is used as office space.\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ 
 +===== See Also =====
 +[[Historic_Structures_in_Watertown|Historic Structures in Watertown]]\\ [[Stone_Buildings|Stone Buildings]]
  • cleveland_building.txt
  • Last modified: 2018/12/06 17:16
  • (external edit)